Army regulation for updating personnel records

Posted by / 17-Jan-2020 23:29

Army regulation for updating personnel records

You should contact your witnesses to get their signed statements with your request. Begin in item 9 of the DD Form 149 and continue in item 17, if necessary.You may also put your statement on plain paper and attach it to the form. Explain what happened and why it is an error or injustice in simple, direct terms.You can find veterans’ military service records from World War I to the present from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC).

This statute authorizes the Secretary of the service concerned to correct any military record when "necessary to correct an error or injustice." The purpose of this statute was to relieve Congress from consideration of private bills to correct errors or injustices in military records.

Search for older military personnel records by submitting a request online or using NATF Form 86.

Most requests are free for veterans and next-of-kin. Archival requests for military records, including records of veterans discharged more than 62 years ago, may have a cost.

You can find older military service records (generally before World War I) from the National Archives in Washington, D. These include: You can only get limited information about non-archival records (from 62 years ago to the present) without the consent of the veteran or next-of-kin.

Learn about access to non-archival military records by the general public and researchers.

army regulation for updating personnel records-59army regulation for updating personnel records-24army regulation for updating personnel records-3